Enacted on 1st October, 2020
International Press-in Association (“IPA”) acquires and uses information of IPA’s customers (including IPA members and visitors to the IPA website) such as name, address, phone number and email address in order to ensure smooth operation of its business. Recognizing that protecting personal information of these customers (“Personal Information”) in an appropriate fashion is an important responsibility, IPA handles Personal Information in accordance with the policy set forth below to fulfill this responsibility.
1. Handling of Personal Information on this Website
(1) IPA appoints a person in charge of protecting Personal Information and strives to appropriately manage Personal Information.
(2) IPA will acquire, use and provide Personal Information within the scope of the following purposes of use on the basis of consent of the customers who provide their Personal Information. Customers may withdraw their consent at any time.
(i) To perform the agreement concluded between the customer or the group which the customer belongs to and IPA;
(ii) To collect and release technical information, research reports and other information;
(iii) To form, maintain and develop IPA’s international networks;
(iv) To respond to inquiries received by IPA;
(v) To perform activities incidental to any of the foregoing purposes;
(vi) To perform its obligations under applicable law.
(3) IPA will not provide or disclose Personal Information to any third party without prior consent of the customer concerned. However, in the following circumstances, IPA may provide Personal Information to a third party without the consent of the customer.
(i) When such disclosure is required by law;
(ii) When such disclosure is necessary in order to protect the life, physical integrity or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual who has provided his/her Personal Information; or
(iii) When such disclosure is made in accordance with administrative guidance or instruction.
(4) IPA recognizes that customers have the right to request the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of their own Personal Information. Upon receipt of such request, IPA will respond to it as promptly as reasonably possible. Customers may contact the contact point specified below to make such request, which will be properly handled.
(5) IPA will securely manage Personal Information and strive to ensure, enhance and improve the security, in order to prevent unauthorized access to, loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of Personal Information.
(6) IPA will comply with applicable laws and regulations and other standards, and continuously improve and enhance our efforts to protect Personal Information according to the changing environment.
2. Inquiries about Personal Information
For any inquiry about customers’ Personal Information, please call or send an email to IPA as below:
【Contact point for inquiries about Personal Information】
【Email address for inquiries about Personal Information】firstname.lastname@example.org